Note: This tutorial is now outdated. In January 2015 we released a new tool that includes a much simpler account generator. These steps are no longer necessary.
This is the first part of our 3 stage tutorial on using our account generator.
Table of contents:
What does it do? The easy account generator is part of the advantage tool for Call of Duty 4. It generates a level 55 profile for the multiplayer part of the game, with all unlock-able items, unlocked.
This section briefly explains how the game saves your profile, and why a part of your key is needed for this to work. If you want to jump straight to the tutorial, skip to part 2.
The account generator requires two things:
- The first 16 letters of your game key – this is the encryption key.
- The mpdata file for your profile.
When the game wants to save your progress, it creates (2) with your stats, and encrypts it using (1). When the game reads your current stats, it decrypts (2) using (1). If you have ever tried to download an mpdata file, or take it from a friend, and the game has reset your stats – this is why. It couldn’t decrypt it with (1), because it was encrypted with your friend’s encryption key.
This is what our easy account generator has learnt to do:
- Load the mpdata file you specify.
- Decrypt it using your encryption key.
- If the decryption was successful, the key matched to the mpdata and the tool generates a new mpdata with updated settings.
- Make a backup of your encrypted mpdata file.
- Encrypt the new mpdata with your encryption key.
And that’s it! If your encryption key was correct, the tool generates your new profile. However, if there is a single mistake in your encryption key, step 2 will fail – and the tool will show you a warning. If we continue here, the game would reset your stats; so you are asked to check the key you entered.
The next step is finding your encryption key.
If you have any questions, please reply to this post, or contact us via email!